A cup of coffee is essential for many and Frieling’s stainless steel French press does the job just right. It is an eye-catching, high-end coffee maker for those who do not mind spending lavishly for such pleasures. The Frieling French press requires no electricity or filters and is extremely easy to use.
Instead, it comes with a 2 stage filtering system. One to pre-filter the ground coffee and the other, a super-fine mesh filter that reduces unwanted particles that can spoil your coffee.
You are also welcome to check out our complete list of the best French presses on the market this year. We keep it hot and fresh, just like our coffees.
Frieling was established in 1988 in New York and has specialized in offering fresh solutions to its customers. The company has a diverse range of products in the kitchen niche, and always attempts to stay on top of design and material quality. If you look up Frieling online, you will find products spread across Bakeware, Cleaning supplies, Coffee and Tea supplies, Cookware, Descalers, Glassware, Kitchen Electrics, Tools and Gadgets, and Tableware.
Frieling French Press Features
- Frieling comes in a wide range of sizes: 8, 17, 23, 36 and 44 ounces. You can choose the size according to the average cups of coffee made in your house daily.
- The double-walled 18/10 stainless steel construction ensures maximum insulation. Moreover, the outside has a mirror finish and the inside has a brushed finish.
- This coffee maker comes with a dual filter; one is the pre-filter and the other is the super-fine mesh filter in order to reduce sediments in your tea. The mesh filter traps coffee grounds that may have seeped from the pre-filter. This helps reduce the bitter taste and improves the quality of your cup of coffee.
- The weight varies according to the size of the coffee maker. The 17, 23, 36 and 44-ounce ones weigh 2.1, 2.45, 3 and 3.2 pounds respectively.
- 17 ounce: 5.3 x 3.8 x 8.3 inches
- 23 ounce: 9.2 x 5.8 x 4 inches
- 36 ounce: 10.1 x 6.2 x 4.5 inches
- 44 ounce: 7 x 4.2 x 10.2 inches
- All parts and components are dishwasher safe.
- It has a well-balanced handle for ease of pour.
- It only requires 4 minutes of preparation.
The Frieling press is not suitable for the curious eye that wants to see the coffee brewing process, because of its opaque stainless steel exterior. For this reason, it is quite heavy in comparison to glass French presses. The design of this model, however, is simple and elegant. The design of the handle is really well balanced.
Even if you have the 44 ounce one, which makes about 12 cups, it allows for easy pour despite being heavy. It comes with very simple instructions and a measuring spoon. After filling it with ground coffee and hot water, put the plunger unit in place, stir and steeps for only about 4 minutes. Press it down and voila your coffee is ready!
What We Liked About Frieling
One of the good things about this model, apart from its features is that it comes with a 5-year warranty from the manufacturer. Moreover, we highly recommend this to those who like a steaming hot cup of coffee. Its double-walled insulation helps keep it hot for hours. Whereas, if you make an iced latte or an iced tea, it will help keep it cold for hours at a stretch as well.
In addition, its luxurious design earns a place on the dinner/coffee table for gatherings. The handle is also one of its plus points as it helps balance the press perfectly, despite the weight. Due to its durability, this French press will last you for years.
Thing We Didn’t Like
Since the design is very compact and snug from the inside, fitting the filter in should not be done with a lot of force, as the coffee can spill outside. It needs pressing in a particular way only and that can be challenging if you have not used a French press before.
If you are a beginner, then you would want to see if your coffee is being brewed well. But, this isn’t really an option with Frieling, because of the stainless steel design. Also, it is not a cheap French press.
Cleaning it is also not easy, as silt can easily get trapped in the plunger’s filter. Thus, it needs cleaning after every use. Just like all stainless steel, blemishes and spots appear very fast if you do not wash and dry it after each use.
If you are a die-hard coffee enthusiast then this is the ideal French press for you. However, if you are not then you will find cheaper models that can brew similar quality coffee.
The quality, design and dual filter are what make Frieling stand out. Not only that, but it will help your drink stay hot or cold for hours depending on the type of beverage.
Before buying, keep in mind that the 8-ounce Frieling makes about 2 cups of coffee, the 17-ounce model makes about 4 cups and so on.
Anthony is a professional barista in the city of Chicago. He has written for many online publications on various topics related to coffee.