Making a Maple Latte is easy as you only need some milk foam, coffee, and maple syrup. It’s the perfect espresso drink for a warm summer day, especially when prepared cold. The combination of strong, rich espresso and ice cold milk make a delicious combination.
This easy-to-make drink is packed with sweet maple flavor and when you add maple whipped cream, even the Gods won’t be able to resist it. This is an all-season beverage, just brew a pot of strong coffee or espresso, froth some milk, thrown in maple syrup and your preferred spices and you are good!
To make and savor this delicious drink, you won’t even need to go far as the basic ingredients can probably be found right in your kitchen! So, why not step away from the same old routine of seasonal lattes and make a Maple Latte?
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of cold milk
- 1/3 cup espresso or strong brewed coffee
- 3 tbsp. of maple syrup
- I scoop of whipped cream
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract, homemade or store-bought
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
You can choose to stop at the simple Maple Latte or get more adventurous by topping it up with whipped cream sprinkled with cinnamon.
Cinnamon Maple Latte comes packed with cozy fall flavors, the perfect drink for the season. Packed with subtle hints of maple, nutmeg, and cinnamon, this is a homemade latte that every coffee lover will enjoy taking. And it’s easy to make.
Steps in Making Simple Maple Latte
- Heat milk in a small/medium saucepan over medium heat using your microwave for about one minute. Let it get hot to touch but not to boiling point. Alternatively, heat the milk in your microwave in short increments of about 15 seconds. You can also use an espresso machine.
- Once hot, remove from the microwave and vigorously whisk it for about 30 to 60 seconds until it turns foamy.
- Pour 1/3 cup espresso (or strong brewed coffee) and 2-3 of maple syrup or depending upon desired latte sweetness, in each cup. Top each cup with the frothed milk.
- Add the maple whipped cream and if desired, sprinkle some cinnamon.
If you don’t own a milk frother and want to make it look frother, the trick is easy – simply pour the milk into a suitable jar and use your microwave to heat until its warm (not very hot). Remove and screw the jar lid tightly. After that, give the jar a couple of vigorous shakes, until your milk becomes foamy.
Be careful when opening the jar because sometimes due to a build-up of pressure, the milk could spray out when the jar is opened. Pour this into the coffee and you can now enjoy a homemade Maple Latte without having to invest in expensive coffee making or frother machines. Alternatively, consider using an immersion blender or the simple whisk to froth when an espresso machine is not available.
Anthony is a professional barista in the city of Chicago. He has written for many online publications on various topics related to coffee.